A strategy for the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in Salford
2018 – 2023
Salford CVS is pleased to have co-ordinated the development of a VCSE Strategy for Salford. Working with a ‘Writing Group’ of colleagues from across the VCSE sector, Salford City Council and NHS Salford CCG, the final Strategy was launched at the VCSE Sector Conference on 5th July 2018.
Together, we have developed this Strategy to describe the position and role of the VCSE sector in Salford in terms of how it supports and benefits local people, delivers services and influences city wide policy and strategy.
We know that in order to survive austerity, we need to protect and enhance the work of the VCSE sector. We have recognised the important contribution that the sector makes towards preventing people from becoming unwell; supporting them into education, training and employment; addressing the harm caused by poverty; assisting with the development of diverse families and communities – all in order to make Salford a better place to live.
We also want to invest in the role of the VCSE sector, in order for it to grow and be sustained in its valued position at the heart of our communities.
Our Strategy starts from what we share – a focus on tackling poverty, improving the local environment and the wellbeing of local people, and in our shared values. The objectives have been developed around Salford’s VCSE Manifesto – Involve, Include, Collaborate, Value, Invest and End (poverty).
If we get this right, we will achieve:
- A clear position and role for the VCSE sector in strategic partnerships
- Recognition and agreement about how the sector supports and benefits local people, delivers services and influences policy and strategy
- Shared understanding between the VCSE sector, Salford City Council and NHS Salford CCG of the relationship that the VCSE sector has with its key stakeholders, including beneficiaries / service users and clients (current and future), funders and donors, commissioners, delivery partners, and the wider public sector
- Resources that are appropriate, accessible, and sustainable
- A consistent approach to strategic and operational thinking
- Consistency of practice and high standards in the conduct of the relationships between the VCSE sector and our key public sector partners
- A VCSE sector which works in partnership with the City Council and NHS Salford CCG for the benefit of the people of Salford.
Download the Full Strategy and its Executive Summary.
Strategy and the final version will be published in the autumn of 2018.